Cyra

Cyra

Hooked - Liz Fichera I thought I would have a hard time getting into this book, I am definitely not sports minded and this seemed like a very sports orientated book, but I was pleasantly surprised. Even though this book has a sports theme it is the deeper themes that shine, and the handy glossary at the back help with the unfamiliar golfing terms used throughout the story.
In one respect Hooked is a classic 'follow your dreams' story, but on the other hand it also tackles some bigger issues such as racism, bullying and the socio-economic division that is sadly a big factor of our everyday lives.
I loved the characters of Fred and Ryan, it was enjoyable to watch them develop and grow as the story progressed. In their efforts to find themselves and decide what they really want they make some annoying and stupid mistakes that I am sure most readers will be able to relate to. These details really capture the essence of growing up.
Overall Hooked is a fun and enjoyable contemporary romance. I look forward to the next book in the series.

Thanks to Harlequin Australia for the ARC.